Monday, August 6, 2012

Called


One of the most touching experiences I had in Ghana was in a remote village where the children had never seen a white person (Obruni). To watch their little hands tremble as they mustered up the courage to come closer is something I will never forget.  I knew that day, looking at the affects of poverty on these children,
I could never say no to Gods call. I watched with  tears as this little girl kept her distance. I wanted so badly to pick her up, to bandage her bleeding knee and tell her that Jesus loves her.  She would not allow it that day but as I shared with Righ and Kristie O’leary the burden God placed on my heart for these kids they immediately responded that we would provide sponsors for food and water for these children.




God planted a seed in my heart and birthed a desire to continue mission work while I was in Ghana.  I have been praying since I left there for Him to show me what I would be doing.  He has placed an opportunity for me to continue my mission work in Ghana.  Feeding the Orphans desperately needs our help. This family has given more and more of their time to running FTO as God has placed more orphans in their care.  They are also providing jobs for single mothers ensuring that they will be able to keep and care for their children. They are determined to give 100% of donations to feeding children and providing income for single mothers. In order to do this the O’Leary family is raising the funds to support their family here in the U.S. They are the backbone of Feeding the Orphans and without FTO hundreds of children and many single  mothers would not have food, water and education. The stats are staggering of how God is blessing through this family.

Matthew 9:37  Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.

I know that God is calling me to full time work with FTO and that in order for this ministry to continue to function with 100% of donations going to the kids, I will be raising support for myself.  I will travel to Ghana to oversee operations, work here and there training and scheduling volunteers and mission teams and assist in the daily tasks associated with running an international orphan care ministry.  I am asking you to come along side me and financially enable me to do the work that God has called me to do.

We all are called to be workers. For some of us that means supporting with our finances and for others it means going. I am willing to answer the call God has placed in my heart. I am only ½ of the solution.  Please consider being the other half. 

To begin partnering with me in this mission:

1.       Make your pledge payable to Feeding the Orphans with Lola Crain on the memo line

2.      Mail your donations to Feeding the Orphans, 505 Cave Creek Rd., Loudon, TN 37774 or, you can pay electronically on their website: www.feedingtheorphans.com (All donations are tax deductable).



In Christ,

Lola Crain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers