Wednesday, August 29, 2012

THEY NEED US


I am writing to thank everyone who prayed and who sent financial support while I was in Ghana and to share what God is doing in my life right now.  While I was in Ghana God taught me so much and before I left to come back to the States, I knew He had  birthed a desire in my heart to be involved in missions full-time.  He used the challenges I faced to break my heart for the children of Africa.  At the end of my nine months I knew that I wanted to pursue the call He has placed on my life to minister to the people of Ghana and Togo West Africa.

 
Since I have been home, I have been blessed to be part of what God is doing right here in America.  I know that most people think giving to a missionary means giving to someone who will be traveling to a foreign land to minister.  I will admit that is exactly what I thought I would be doing, but since I have been home God has shown me a great need that directly impacts the orphans and single mothers that Feeding the Orphans touches.  Without people who are willing to do the behind the scenes work (advocate for children right here) many of the needs that are being met would not be.  I have seen the hustle and bustle that goes on in the day to day life of a family that has and is giving their all to His call.  There are e-mails, phone calls, running to the post office, bookwork, seminars, conventions to sell products that give single mothers the ability to care for their children, picking up products, meeting people to sell products, meeting people to pick up donations, delivering donations, writing thank you letters, meetings for special projects and fund raisers, overseeing schedules for volunteers, overseeing schedules for mission teams, international phone calls and emails, listening to the hearts of people who are oversees and homesick, giving advice, running out at all hours of the day and night to send money for medical needs for orphans and volunteers and so much more. Because Feeding the Orphans has grown so fast God has called me to step in and help them with all the daily duties that are required to run this organization so they can continue to meet the need of those they are caring for.  I will also travel to Ghana and Togo and minister there at different times throughout the year as needs and projects arise.

The beauty of this organization is that it was started in the heart of an 10 year old and has grown into an entire family and hundreds of people who are following and giving as God directs.  It is beautiful the way it is changing the lives of hundreds of orphans and single mothers and is continuing to grow as God reveals the work He has for all of us to do.  Feeding the Orphans is now serving orphanages in the villages of Teshie, Bolga, and Central Region in the country of Ghana, the country of Togo and their latest partnership in India.  They also partner with City of Refuge in the village of Doryumu, Ghana which rescues children from slavery and provides them with a home, food and education.  Feeding the Orphans has built one of the two homes that are now completed and beaming with lives full of hope.  They are committed to the single mothers who have been trained to make jewelry, handbags and quilts and spend many hours advertising and attending conventions so that they can sell their products.

FTO is a non-profit organization that gives 100% of donations to their designated projects.  It is FTO’s heart that if money is designated to children, then all of that money needs to go to the children.  Therefore, I will need to raise my own support.  I have been so humbled at the way you have given your support in the past whether financial, phone calls, prayers, etc.  You are a very important part of what God is doing and I want to thank you in advance for enabling me to obey His call.  I will post on my blog so that you see where I am in the fundraising process and be encouraged as we all work together to see the work of the Kingdom of God get done.
I feel very blessed to be called by God to help meet the needs of this organization so we can continue to care for God’s children.  To become a monthly partner in my calling, you can mail a tax deductible check to:

Feeding the Orphans
505 Cave Creek Road
Loudon, TN 37774

Or alternatively you can donate securely online at www.feedingtheorphans.org
Please Designate Lola Crain Support in the notes section.









 

 

1 comment:

Followers