Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Full Heart

My heart is so full right now.  I have been thinking about children. Children here, Africa, all over the world really.  My heart is full as I think about them and how much God loves them.  I am enjoying every minute of my time with my grandchildren and they are so precious to me.  The children at the orphanage I lived at are also very precious to me.  And as much as I love them He loves them more. 

As I read God's Word this passage took on new meaning:
Romans 8:15-17 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

I can't physically see God but I know that He is there.  I know that He cares for me and He will meet my needs. I don't have to fear,  I only have to trust Him.  He is faithful.  His word says I can cry out Abba, Father... Daddy.  That I am His child and not only that but He has made me a joint heir with Jesus Christ!  ARE YOU GETTING THAT?  A joint heir with Jesus Christ! 

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.






As children of God, who have been grafted into
His family by the spirit of adoption we must see the
heart of God.  Pure and undefiled religion is meeting
the needs of orphans and widows.  That means it is
our responsibility to take care of them.  He has done for
 us what He wants us to do for them. 





My heart is crying out that as children of the Most High God we will understand His heart, touch His heart and see His Kingdom touch earth through our obedience and willingness.  I don't want to do something out of a feeling of responsiblity.  I want to understand how awesome it is to know that someone loves me like that and to love others like that.  I want to walk in the shadow of the Almighty God and do what He has commanded me to do, LOVE.


Jesus, help us to feel what you feel when you see a child covered in dust, wearing clothing that is tattered and torn, who is hungry and thirsty.  Give us eyes to see and heart to feel what you see and feel.  Forgive us if we are apathetic and are more concerned with other things.  Turn our hearts to you and to these children and help us Lord to be faithful in the things of God and not the things of this world.  The enemy has set snares for us and is using them to keep us from being used by you.  God set your word a blaze in our hearts!  Help us to long for you more than anything else, to desire to please you more than anything else.   Lord give us a higher standard of living than the worlds standard.  Let us see our value when we are yeilded to you and nothing else.  Help us to be generous with our money, with our time, with our love.







If you are not stirred for the things of God it is not His fault.  It is because you are not making a choice to pursue Him.  There is no other reason. I use to tell myself I just don't like to read. That was an excuse to make myself feel better.  I don't like to eat off of dirty plates so I wash the dishes which I don't like to do either.  I can give you a million examples like that, the point is, IT IS A CHOICE.  I just read something that struck a nerve in me.  A local doctor wrote in his book, if you only hear the spoken word of God from preachers and others you are getting leftovers and they are dining at His table.   ARE YOU GETTING THAT?  You can hear from God directly, you can pursue Him and He will be availble to you and He will use you because you are valuable to Him.

I Timothy 6:11  But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 

What are the things that are consuming your time, your mind, your money, etc.  When I think about that I feel such pain in my heart because I have wasted so much time, money and thought on things that are now nothing to me.  He will never be nothing so investing in Him will always mean something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers