Sunday, February 10, 2013

His Love

So very full this morning as I consider so many things.  The way we love, the conditions we put on our love.  How quickly we can turn away from someone who is walking in sin, not realizing they are in bondage, and need us more than ever.  We are the ones, the children of God, who have the power and authority to lift them out of bondage through the power of the Holy Spirit in us.

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 

We are to share one another's burdens.  We are to love one another with an unconditional love. We are to love others more than we love ourselves.  We are to walk in forgiveness.  I am asking God this morning to make me more like His Son, realizing I have such a long way to go.  

The scripture says to get the PLANK out of your own eye when we begin to point fingers at our brothers and sisters.  We all have weaknesses.  Some may seem worse than others but the bible says that no sin shall enter Heaven.  So if I go to hell because I am a backbiter, a liar, a thief or  a murderer or an  adulterer... I still go to hell and suffer eternal damnation. 

The story of the alabaster box makes my heart hurt when I think about the opportunities we have had to nurse someone back to health and did not.  The song says you don't know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box.  None of us know what someone else has walked through, the circumstances that may have led them astray, the pain they have endured or the condition of their heart.  We do not see into the deep places of their soul and spirit and know the guilt and shame they have felt over past decisions.  What we do know for sure is that we are to love them and encourage them in the faith.   

Heavenly Father please place in us, your children, the fruits of the spirit.  Enable to walk in those in full confidence of who we are in you.  Let us love deeply as you loved, enough to send your son to Calvary.  Let our love be unconditional as yours is and our hearts tender, ready to forgive and forget.  Help us God to become spiritual physicians tending to one another's wounds and bringing healing into the body of Christ. We need to be healthy to be effective  Help us God to see the needs around us, to answer your call to occupy right where we are.  Help us to see God that we are busy but not necessarily with the things of the Kingdom of God. Help us to do everything we do with your love which sees with spiritual eyes the needs of the hurting.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have bcome a sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy and understanding all mysteries and all knowledge and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers