Friday, February 15, 2013

ABREWA-ANO












All of the homes in this village are mud huts.  The only block building is the church.

John 15:16
You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

We were on our way to Abrewa-Ano a Muslim village about 10 hours away.  There were 13 of us including myself, Stella (a sweetheart from Georgia  volunteering  at Nyame Dua in Bolga), Wahab (a Ghanaian co-worker of Reid Beebe) and the Beebe family consisting of Dad, Mom and five boys.  I felt like I was back in youth group and we were going camping.  We arrived at the Baptist Mission Guest House and the boys and girls split up.  There were three girls in one room and the 11 boys in the other.  We freshened up and had about 30 minutes before we headed out to share Jesus with around 200 people in this village. 



No longer will polluted water be carried from a nearby stream  thanks to this bore hold that is now supplying clean water to these villagers.


The first thing you must do when you arrive in the village is meet with the chief and get his approval to meet with his people.   Yes, we were asking a Muslim Chief to allow us to share Jesus with his people.  We were greeted by the children first, giggling and looking at us with questioning eyes.  Even though the spoken language was a huge barrier the excitement all us were feeling was very evident.  We made our way to the back of the village to the Chief’s home.  The chief was a man with strong features yet his faced possessed such gentleness.  He was very kind as he welcomed us. He listened as the interpreter explained our request to show a film about Jesus Christ.  He did not hesitate at all to allow us to do this.  When Robin asked the interpreter to inquire about  praying  for him I drew a large  breath wondering what he would think of such a request  but soon found myself laying hands on and praying for a Muslim Chief. 







 The heart of the chief and his influence on his people was  evident in the reactions from the villagers throughout the day and during the film that evening.  When the altar call was given my heart was pounding and my eyes welled up with tears seeing so many come forward.   We prayed for salvation and I was touched as I watched the  woman standing in front of me wiping tears from her eyes.  I knew from the time I spent here last year that it is not often you see a Ghanaian woman cry,  When I was moved to tears they would wipe them away quickly and tell me, Grandma, please do not cry, it is not good. How deeply the Spirit of God was moving to get such a response from her.  It was simply beautiful.  


This is just the beginning of what God wants to do in this village.  Pray that those who are being called here will know the Father's voice and come to know the joy of serving Him by serving them.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers