Monday, September 2, 2013

Give them Jesus

What a blessing it is to be part of Kingdom Work.  There are so many untapped ways to be involved in ministering to others.  The most romantic way I suppose is traveling abroad to some indigenous destination that others are in awe of.  It is a wonderful experience and one I will never forget.  The people, their culture, the smells, the colors, the accents, the food.  Everything changes along with your perspective of the world you live in.  
This isn't everyday life, not even occasional life, for the majority of us.  What I have found since I have been home is that the people, their culture, the smells, the colors, the accents and even the food can be just as varied right here at home.  There are so many people that are hurting and need us to be Christ right here.  There is nothing like the human touch. If you give them food, shelter, water ,etc. but do not provide healthy relationships you are not providing the key ingredient, which is Jesus Christ in us.  We need each other and we need to be exposed to the realities of others.  It is what makes us search our own souls.
I laugh so much when I am with Water Angels.  I also reflect a great deal.  We can be so quick to place blame ... if they hadn't ...if they would just ...their bad choices.  All probably very true but... what if you didn't have the grace of God in your life.  Isn't there anything you've done you haven't paid the consequences for because of God's grace?  Sure there is.  And everything He does for us is an example of what He wants us to do for others.  
Sitting across the table, listening to them talk about their lives, makes me smile.  Having Stephanie (Director of Water Angels) tell me they missed me and were disappointed I didn't come Thursday makes me tear up.  I am reaching out to them but what I wish I could get everyone to understand is this: when you reach out to others you should have your arms wide open because God is going to pour blessings into your life as well a theirs!  If you haven't been called to Africa, China, India, etc. don't sit around because you haven't been called.  You are  called right where your at, just listen and hear the still small voice of the Father telling you where and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers