Thursday, October 25, 2012

Can You Imagine?



            CAN YOU IMAGINE?



I attended my first Beth More bible study this past week.  It was nice to meet all the ladies and share our hearts with one another.  I was touched by many of the things that the ladies shared as we dug our heels in and began to take a look at the life of Esther. 

We were moving right along when suddenly and profoundly the words of Beth Moore, as she spoke on her video, pierced my heart.  Esther was an orphan.  I knew that but I never really focused on that part of the story as I was so enamored by her life once she had been taken from her cousin Mordecai and dropped in the palace of the king. 

Beth began sharing a story of her family members, a young man and woman with two small girls, who were taken suddenly in a car accident.  The two small girls, also in the car, survived.  She began to expound on the fact that without notice, without warning these two girls lives were changed forever.  The following morning mommy would not be coming in the room to wake her girls with a kiss, coach them to the kitchen where she had made breakfast for them.  No longer would she be packing their lunches for school with precious little notes in it saying I love you or you are special.  They would not be sitting with an adorning mother brushing their hair discussing everything that was important to them.  They would miss the big strong hugs from dad as he arrived home from work, bedtime stories from the deep calming voice that made them feel safe every night as he tucked them in bed.  Things would never be the same for these two girls or any child who has ever lost a mother or father.  Can you imagine losing both?

I have said so many times that nothing could be worse than losing a child, nothing.  This made me think, and Beth pointed it out in the video, that yes, something could be.  If we are old enough to have a child we at least can process death, we still have the stabling factors present in our lives and know how to take care of ourselves.  I am positive the heartache on either end is devastating but a small child finding themselves alone, without the two people in your lives that are supposed to be there for you and love you like no one else can... well, I don’t think any of us can imagine unless we've been there.

I left there feeling more responsible, feeling more compassion and more drive to work with orphans than before even before.  I could not imagine that the words I would hear after I entered the bible study
would cause my heart, which is already broken for orphans, to be broken more.

 Listen! The orphaned children in this world, here at home and in other countries, are our responsibility.  Whether like me you go and minister or  you sponsor a child through an organization like Feeding the Orphans, it is our responsibility.  Just try, and I mean really try, to put yourself in a child’s place who has lost everything. They are not old enough, educated enough, wise enough or anything else enough to care for themselves. Everything that happens to them is at the mercy of others. Try to imagine your little ones or your grandchildren being faced with the kind of tragedy shared above.  We all need to join hands and take care of the kids that are suffering in this world!  What can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers