Sunday, April 22, 2012








Today, April 21, 2012 was our Big Birthday Bash!  We celebrated all of the children's birthdays.  We sang Happy Birthday to Me, had a race where they had to carry a small bouncy ball in a spoon, rice sack races, Azonto dancing competition, Azonto musical chairs, ate Rice Jolaff with chicken, cake, ice cream and Fantas.  Each child received their own Bible today dedicated in memory of Mary White, grandmother of Robin Franklin Beebe.  We had prizes for all of the games and the children had so much fun.  Our party lasted from noon until 7:30 pm. 

These children do not have birthday parties and many of them have never had a birthday party.  It was on my heart to do this for them so they could experience something most of us take for granted.  They were so excited to get their one gift, the Bible.  Seeing and sensing the attitude of gratefulness for something like a birthday party and one gift touched my heart in a very deep way.  Tears came when I thought about it and they were not sad tears but tears of awareness.  I am so aware of the fact that we have so much to be grateful for to our Heavenly Father and we don't say thank you.  We expect.  These children don't expect anything and wear such beautiful smiles.  This was the best birthday party I have ever been too! 

When I gave them their Bibles I told them about the most important birth in all of history.  The birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I told them about the most important gifts given to mankind, salvation and God's Word.  I encouraged them to take these gifts and not lay them aside but to treasure them.  I pray that these children will develop a thirst for His Word and become men and women of God, missionaries in the place they live, bringing His light and salvation and Word lifting up and exalting the name of Jesus. Please pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers